Thursday, July 12, 2007

Is it the Fourth of July Again?

Forget flip-flops, tis the time for drag-heels

My downstairs neighbour who's really a terrific guy (and I'm ready to take on whoever says he isn't) was kind enough to let me know that he was going out to town for a few days. More than a week! May the Travel Gods continue to smile on him.

So I've already taken advantage of the situation in several ways - after my usual curfew of eleven o'clock:
a) Tapped my feet on the floor while sprawling on the bed playing Risk on my computer
b) Sang out loud to the tune of Dido's "Thank You" while washing up for the night
c) Trundled my suitcase loudly through the doorway instead of hefting it over the threshold in my arms like the proverbial new bride
d) Wore my noisy slippers and went click-click CLACK-CLACK all over the house
e) Resolved to wake up at least once in the middle of the night to go, make sure to flush noisily and then thump heavily (oh yeah!) over to the kitchen through the bedroom for a glass of water, rather than tip-toeing through the corridor.

That freak gust of wind you saw blow off the leaves on that tree was me letting out my breath.
Independence Day came a week late - but whats that they say about being better late than never?

PS: Also, decided to drop something heavy at least once each night to make sure the law of averages stays on my side once he's back

2 comments:

U Chandra K said...

hmmm you must desperate to live noisy or shit scared of him or both!!!

CadeRageous said...

That neighbor seemed nice in person, but also seemed to be VERY G-DAMN HIGH MAINTENANCE. Are you sure he's not gay? Man, he is not what I'd call a "catch" for some lovely lady, if he's that easily annoyed.

At least you've come to a workable agreement. That's probably the smartest solution to this non-issue. I knew you were both brilliant and wise.