Friday, July 25, 2008

Small Mercies

QUOTE OF THE DAY


"I found my father's legs two years ago, and two weeks ago I found his head"

Avdo Suljic, 35, an unemployed Bosnian Muslim who lost 200 relatives at Srebrenica in 1995 - on what has eased his pain since the mass murders 13 years ago. He was responding to a question on whether Radovan Karadzic's capture had provided him solace. Before talking about what truly brings some peace - namely being able to lay his relatives' remains to rest, - he said "Karadzic is an old man. Nothing with his arrest has changed for me."

Karadzic was the leader of the Bosnian Serb army that laid siege to Srebrenica for three and a half years and massacred 8,000 Bosnian Muslim men over just 5 terrible days in July 1995. He was arrested this week after hiding in plain sight in Bosnia and Serbia for the last 13 years

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Nothing with his arrest has changed for me". It is truthful a statement.
http://www.decisioncare.org

Inner Vision said...

I totally agree with Raja’s statement and also let me say accidentally landed up on your blog and found it interesting.

TZP said...

yikes that terrible.

the West Coast can please take all the superficial desis I know here... seem to be too many of them here anyway. I think its the Mid West air.

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.